All UBC Recreation activities require registration. Accounts are quick and easy to set up. If you require assistance, contact the UBC Recreation customer service desk.
New to UBC Recreation
Create your account
You must create a free online account with ActiveNet to access all UBC Recreation activities, facilities, and events, including:
- Membership to the Hangar Fitness Centre
- Pre-registration in Group Fitness Classes
- To create or join a team in Intramural Leagues
- Access to the Gymnasium
- Recreation-sponsored events (e.g., Big White trips)
Even if you would like to pay cash or cheque or receive assistance in person, you can save precious time by creating your account before you visit UBC Recreation.
Once you’ve created your account, you can view current UBC Recreation activities and register for the ones that interest you.
Memberships provide you with affordable access to UBC Recreation facilities. They also ensure your priority over non-members for UBC Recreation programs, facilities, and equipment and provide you discounted access to group fitness classes.
Memberships can be purchased quickly and easily online using a credit card.
Once you purchase a membership online, please bring your UBCcard to Recreation to have your membership validated. If you do not have a membership, drop-in fees will apply for each visit.
- Gym members have priority over non-members for UBC Recreation programs, facilities, and equipment.
- “Drop-in” means there is no guarantee of a certain activity (unless specified on the schedule (e.g., drop-in volleyball), and that the time you are able to do your chosen activity may not be as long as you’d like (gym members take priority).
- Costs for group fitness classes, intramural participation, special events, and towel and locker service are not included in membership fees; however, discounts may apply.
- Anyone under the age of 19 will require a guardian/parent’s signature on the Drop-In Form. Please bring your signed Drop-In Form to the Gym with your payment or have your legal guardian fax a copy to 250.807.8031.
- There is a convenience fee for all online transactions on ActiveNet, including membership purchases.
- Once you have purchased your membership, please bring your UBCcard to the Recreation customer service desk in the gymnasium so that we can validate your purchase and link your membership to your card.
- Your UBC card will be required for all future visits to UBC Recreation after a membership is purchased